Address: Lönnrotinkatu 25 A, 00180 Helsinki
Phone: +358 9 693 011
(hereafter “We” or “the Company”)
Contact for Register
Name of Register
What is the purpose and legal basis for the processing of personal data?
The processing of personal data is based on:
- The data subject’s consent and/or
- Provisions set out in labour law that place obligations and special rights on the controller and data subject;
Processing personal data is required to enable and manage our recruitment process, support the allocation of human resources, manage the necessary recruitment data for the applicants (data subjects) to allow contacting the applicants and to provide support for decision making in the final stages of the recruitment process.
What data do We process?
Relating to the recruitment process, We process the following data of the applicants:
- data subject’s basic information such as *name, date of birth, gender, native language;
- data subject’s contact details such as *email address, *phone number, address;
- information related to the job in question such as job description, including information on the nature and type of employment, the person in charge of the recruitment process, desired salary and details regarding commencement of employment. Further details will be provided in the job listing;
- information related to suitability for the job and other relevant details (background, etc.) that the data subject has offered during the application process, such as photographs, information on education, profession, work history (such as employers, commencement and duration of employment, nature of tasks), language skills, other special skills, a description of personal characteristics, certificates and appraisals, links to online portfolios, profiles and other sources and references;
- information regarding the data subject’s progress in the recruitment process such as upcoming follow-up interviews or recruitment process termination;
- other possible information willfully offered by the data during the application process or information otherwise published specifically for professional purposes, such as their LinkedIn profile.
All personal data marked with an asterisk is required to carry out the recruitment process.
Where do We get the data from?
The primary source for the data stored in the register is the applicant in question. Other sources may be used in accordance with the law. If necessary, We may also request information from recruitment consultants.
By applying for a job, the applicant consents to the Company collecting data from their public professional profile in the scope that is necessary to deem suitability for the job in question.
Who do We provide or transfer the data to? Is the data transferred outside the EU or the EEA?
Any information regarding the applicants that is stored in the register can be shared, with the applicant’s consent, to companies within the corporate group in order to connect applicants with employers.
We will only share personal data according to current legislation with parties who have a legal and/or contractual right to receive data from the register. We may also share data for other purposes in accordance with Finnish legislation.
We utilize subcontractors working on our behalf to process the personal data. Salomaa Yhtiöt Oy is the data processor for personal data within the Company’s system and HR support services. Additionally, We use subcontractors to process personal data for the following services:
- Human resources and recruitment service
- Legal service
- IT services
The data subjects’ privacy is ensured through data processing agreement with the subcontractors. We cannot name all our subcontractors, in part due to projects in development, so only the types of subcontractors used are disclosed.
We will only share data from the register with the aforementioned third parties unless explicit consent is sought and received from the data subject.
The data will not be transferred outside the EU or EEA.
How do We safeguard the data and for how long do We store it?
Databases containing personal data are available only to employees who have the right to process applicant data for the purposes of their work. The register is protected with the necessary technical and organizational precautions. The data is stored in databases that are protected with usernames, passwords, firewalls and other technical procedures. The register is stored on protected administrator servers. All connections to the servers are SSL protected. All persons processing the data are bound by professional secrecy. The databases and their backups are kept in locked spaces and only previously specified persons have access to the data.
We will store the personal data for as long as is necessary for our purposes. As a rule, the data can be used for six (6) months for recruitment purposes. All data will be expunged within two (2) years. Should an applicant become our employee, We will store information provided during the application process as part of their employee profile in accordance to the notice regarding employee data.
What are your rights as a data subject?
As a data subject, you have the right to inspect any information in the register pertaining to you and to demand the correction or deletion of incorrect information. Any such requests should be addressed in writing or in person to the contact person listed in section 2.
From 25 May 2018, all data subjects have a right based on the GDPR to protest the processing of their data or to request restricted processing as well as the right to lodge a complaint to the authorities regarding the handling of their personal data.